Friday, May 22, 2009

Well, Hello Summer!

I'm pretty sure spring has sprung the joint, because it is hot hot hot here now, and has been for a week. Not uncomfortable, mind you, just a pleasent summer hot. The girls begged and begged me to get out the inflatable pool, so I caved and they enjoyed it immensely. Celia, the child who adores nothing more than playing in the dogs water bowl, just about flipped her stuff to see that she could actually climb into what looked like a giant dogs water bowl! This is before she gave herself a black eye later that day, which I am planning on taking a picture of when she wakes up from her nap. Back to the pool though. Maia was unsure, seeing as the water was ice cold, so she spent the hour standing in the water and getting back out. Sophia could care less about the temperature, so she laid in it and didn't get out until time was up.


Celia was sort of inbetween, so she stood there, trying to drink the water out of assorted toys, until after an hour she began to shiver, so I promptly took her out, much to her indignation. Once she was in dry clothes, she went back outside and tried to climb into the pool again, so watertime was over. I dumped out the pool, and laid it against the fence for the next day. Later that evening, Maia and I discovered that the dog ate the pool, and it is no longer in service. Guess we will be buying a hard plastic model for this year!
Seeing how happy the girls were in the water today makes this summer look very enticing. Today we went to the park, came home and played outside, and they were so dirty I had to bathe them before naps. You know you are having a good time when you are filthy by noon!

1 comment:

Fisheye Studio said...

My girls are getting so big!