Friday, January 30, 2009

Random Adorable-ness







We have been waiting all winter to sled. The last time I had been sledding, it was at Purdue and there was a certain amount of alcohol involved, so it's a bit sketchy, but let's say it ended w/ James being really injured for three weeks. So, the girls and I were super excited to see the thick blanket of snow on Wednesday. Having just gotton over some sort of stomach flu or food born illness, I was rearing to get out and do some damage! We got in the van, w/ the intent of going to the playground. Watching my cousin's van in front of me get stuck in the road was a bit discouraging, but we kept on. Sadly, there was no where to park (major lack of thinking on my behalf), so I tried to turn around at the next street, and promptly got stuck. After quite a few minutes of inching back and forth, we were free and returned home and were picked up by a friend in a giant four wheel vehichle, who was brave enough to try the whole thing with us. Parking at her friend's house who lives across the street, we figured we'd walk to the hill. After twenty minutes, we just made it to the sidewalk. It was a disaster. Sophia was crying, and my friend's one year old had hit the wall. So, she ran back, got the car, picked us all up, and dropped us off right in front of the hill. Baby was still crying, so she took her home while we worked on getting to the top. Another 15 minutes, which involved all three of my girls crying, me trying to make a path, and giving up and picking up and carrying all three to the base, Sophia and I finally got to the top. We did a victory dance, plopped her on the sled, and I pushed the sled. It went nowhere. Not even an inch. The snow was too deep! Never did I imagine that possible! My friend had returned at this point, so I carried the crying, snotty, cold children back to the car, got them home, and made them hot chocolate. Now we just have to wait for the snow to compact or melt a bit before trying that whole thing again! Thus was my children's first sledding experience. Ahhh, memories....

No comments: