Wednesday, February 3, 2010

6 is a big number



Well, tomorrow is it. Sophia will be 6, and that makes me feel old. She is officially a BIG KID. I know starting kindergarten got a lot of that whole becoming a big kid ickyness feeling out, but something about being six seems so much older than being 5. She has really come into her own this last year, and I must say I am so proud of her. She has won most respectful in her school, one of 20 to do so out of a few hundred. She also was voted kindest or the like, and didn't even tell me. I only knew it after seeing her picture in the cafeteria by chance. She is typically super patient with Celia, acting like the mommy all the time. Note I didn't say she was patient with Maia. We all have our limits, after all. For her birthday, I took her to get her ears pierced. Anyone who has ever met Sophia will vouch for her fanciness, so this was something I knew she would enjoy. She was absolutely terrified of the pain, but she did great. Just a funny face when they did it, and that was it. Of course, she picked out the biggest fake diamond earrings they had as starter earrings. So blinging. So far since Saturday, when she got them pierced, she has not stopped talking about them. She thinks she is so cool now. She woke up on Sunday and the first words out of her mouth were "mommy, thank you for taking me to get my ears pierced". I have overheard her telling Maia "You can't touch my hair now that my ears are pierced" and "you know I'm special now because I'm the only one who has pierced ears in the house" and she is really pressuring Maia to get her's pierced now, which is met with fierce resistance. She even painted a picture of her earrings. So I think this year I offically got her the coolest present ever, which really makes me feel good, knowing I know her well enough to force her through the pain and enjoy the final product. She looks a little worse for the wear in the after shot, but I promise, the second she looked in the mirror, she wouldn't stop smiling! So, everyone enjoy my personal favorite picture of Sophia from the last year, her piercing!

No comments: