Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The reason for the absence...

I know it has been a LONG time since I last posted, and I am very sorry. 90% of it was just due to the breakneck speed at which our lives are paced, but another 10% is due to the fact that I was dreading/ really thinking about explaining the initial abscense. As I had posted earlier, my paternal grandmother was very sick. Her cancer spread quickly, and by the beginning of November, we knew we didn't have much time left with her. Given the fact that my dad passed very quickly and unexpectedly earlier this year, I was determined to do for her what I could not for my dad, which was simply to be there with her and support her to the end. My aunt Glenda, and my cousin Allison, were just amazing, putting in at least twice the amount of time and work I was able to. Their strength was just awe inspiring. By the last week, we were all there around the clock, and able to all be with her, and my grandfather, as she took her last breath. She was a really amazing grandmother, and I am honored to have had her in my life. She was the kind of lady who let me dye my hair pink with Koolaid and use her treadmill as a shopping conveyer. She always let myself and the rest of her grandkids know that she was there whenever we needed her. I am so greatful to her for that love, and am so glad that while we couldn't beat this cancer and have more time with her, that we were able to spend it together until the end. So that is my post about why I have been gone. I'm going to probally be gone again for another period of time, due to the fact that tomorrow I am having a hysterectomy. Having three little girls back to back, being small, and having traumatic births left me a bit damaged, and it's time to get it fixed. I hope that I'm a tough cookie, and that I will be back soon, but if not, I'm posting a month's worth of blogs today to catch everyone up. So enjoy the rest of today's posts!

No comments: