Monday, October 12, 2009

A totally non kid related post

I have decided that the blue-tooth headset is really bad for society. It's something that has been bothering me for quite awhile, and I just have to post about it. Initally, it was designed to use in the car, so you could keep both hands and eyes on the wheel and road. Perhaps if you are working and need use of your hands, it should be allowable. But when you are standing at the counter at the pharmacy, get off the phone! People are walking around looking like some sort of cyborg with this thing hanging off their ear, even when they aren't talking. Then, there is the fact that you can't tell who is crazy and who is not, especially people with long hair. Someone who is standing and talking to themselves is almost impossible to tell if they are on the phone w/ their bluetooth tucked under their hair, or if they are crazy. I saw a man yesterday walking along the street, gesturing wildly, and talking alone. Initally I felt bad, but I had a thought he was on the phone! It's so weird that I even thought this man who is most likely homeless given his clothes/appearance, and I entertained the thought he was on a bluetooth. Who knows, given the amount of people who have cell phones, maybe he was.

No comments: