Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of school










Today was the first day of preschool for Miss Sophia. The last week has been filled with a vat of emotions ranging from extreme sadness over my baby leaving home to pride in how very amazing of a young girl she is becoming. It was very very hard driving her to class this morning, and took every bit of courage not to swing back around home and keep her to myself for another year. I am so grateful that I have been able to stay home with my girls and watch them grow and develop every step of the way. It was a bittersweet moment when we walked into class and without looking back she stepped into the circle and started becoming part of the action immediantly. I know I have worked hard to raise her to be independant and to adapt to any situation, but it was sad when I left and she could care less! I know that this is going to be great for all of us. Celia is now able to take a nice solid morning nap at home without being dragged to gymnastics, and Maia will get some one on one attention that she so desperately needs. I am sure I'll spend the rest of the day on the verge of tears, but I will be much better the next time. It's amazing how quickly time goes by. Before you know it, I'll be blogging about her last day of high school...

No comments: